Greetings on St. Andrew's Day
Wha cares if skies be dull and gray?
Wha heeds November weather?
Let ilka Scot be glad to-day
The whole wide warl' thegither.
We're a' a prood and stubborn lot,
And clannish-sae fowk name us-
Ay, but with sic guid cause none ought
Tae judge us, or tae blame us,
For joys that are we'll pledge to-day
A land baith fair and glowing-
Here's tae the hames o' Canada,
Wi' luve and peace o'erflowing!
For joys that were, for auld lang syne,
For tender chords that bind us,
A toast-your hand, auld friend, in mine-
'The land we left behind us!'
Ho, lowlanders! Ho, hielandmen!
We'll toast her a' thegither,
Here's tae each bonnie loch and glen!
Here's tae her hills and heather!
Here's tae the auld hame far away!
While tender mists do blind us,
We'll pledge on this, St. Andrew's day,
'The land we left behind us!' ~ Jean Blewett
Happy St. Andrew's Day!
Mark your calendars and join us for the 19th Annual New York Tartan Day Parade on Saturday April 8th, 2017.
March with us, or cheer us on. Come celebrate your Scottish American heritage.
What is Tartan Day, the New York Tartan Day Parade, and Tartan Week?
- April 6th has been designated as National Tartan Day, a day for celebrating Scottish heritage and pride.
- The New York Tartan Day Parade is usually held the Saturday nearest Tartan Day. The 2017 18th Annual New York Tartan Day Parade will be held on April 8th.
- The Parade and leading events of the week are run by the National Tartan Day New York Committee, a not-for-profit 501(c)3 coalition, and its member societies: the St. Andrew’s Society of the State of New York, the New York Caledonian Club, The American-Scottish Foundation and Clan Campbell.
- The days before and after the Parade are called “Tartan Week” and are filled with a full range of Scottish-themed events.
- Every year is different but if you’re coming for a long week, we ideally suggest Friday, March 31st, through Monday, April 10th.
- Coming for a few days? We recommend arriving early Wednesday, April 5th, through late Sunday, April 9th.
- International travelers, especially those marching in the Parade, we HIGHLY recommend arriving no later than Thursday, April 6th!
Hello everyone, it is my pleasure to announce that registration for the 2017 NYC Tartan Day Parade is now OPEN. Please head to our website and fill out the form to register your group, band, clan, or dog. All are welcome.
Registration is simple but if there are any hiccups, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you.
We want to see you all out on Sixth Avenue marching with pride for Tartan Day, for your love of Scotland and all things Scottish, and to celebrate the unique friendship of Scotland and the USA.
Don’t forget, if you are in NYC between now and then, look us up. We would love to see you, maybe even join you for a wee dram or a pint.